- Your 10 favorite books of all time.
- Your 5 least favorite books of all time.
- Your favorite characters (and which books they’re from).
- Characters you hate.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you take with you? Include one reason for each.
- The best book you’ve read in the last year.
- The worst book you’ve read in the last year.
- Your favorite quotes from books.
- Your favorite quotes about books.
Name five absolutely great film adaptations of books.
- Name three absolutely awful film adaptations of books.
- Your favorite author(s).
- Your favorite book from childhood.
- A book you regret not having read sooner.
- A book you haven’t read, but is on your “will read” list.
A book you haven’t read and have no intention of ever reading. (If you want, tell us why you don’t want to read it.)
- A book you want to like, but can’t get into for whatever reason. Why can’t you get into it?
- A book you think is highly overrated.
- A book you think is woefully underrated.
- The environment you most enjoy reading in.
- The most disturbing book you’ve ever read.
When I was a child, I used to frequent the “young adult” section of the library. It was there I found books like Judy Blume’s Forever, and the Princess of the Chameln series that made me fall in love with fantasy.
It was also where I found a rather frank and graphic book about child sex abuse. It contained an extremely moving, and very disturbing, account of a girl being raped by her father. I don’t remember the name of the book, and I’m not going to look for it, because to this day I can’t face that book again. I can still quote passages of it from memory, and it haunts my dreams.
- A book you once loved, but don’t anymore. What changed?
- A book you once hated, but now like. What changed?
- Your favorite series.
- The nerdiest book you’ve ever read.
- Your favorite type of non-fiction book.
- Your favorite genre.
- The first book you can remember reading on your own.
- An author you wish was more well-known.
- The book you’re reading right now.