Yes: I stole this from Tumblr. Since this blog and my Tumblr are connected, though, I think that’s totally fair!
I shall have to say this up front: I am not going to do this in 30 consecutive days. I am not even going to do it in order! (I mean, really: some days I have more time than others. I do not have time to list my 10 favorite books right now. That’s going to require at least an entire weekend afternoon, and the better part of a bottle of wine.)
I am going to start with Day 16:
- Your 10 favorite books of all time.
- Your 5 least favorite books of all time.
- Your favorite characters (and which books they’re from).
- Characters you hate.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you take with you? Include one reason for each.
- The best book you’ve read in the last year.
- The worst book you’ve read in the last year.
- Your favorite quotes from books.
- Your favorite quotes about books.
- Name five absolutely great film adaptations of books.
- Name three absolutely awful film adaptations of books.
- Your favorite author(s).
- Your favorite book from childhood.
- A book you regret not having read sooner.
- A book you haven’t read, but is on your “will read” list.
- A book you haven’t read and have no intention of ever reading. (If you want, tell us why you don’t want to read it.)
- A book you want to like, but can’t get into for whatever reason. Why can’t you get into it?
- A book you think is highly overrated.
- A book you think is woefully underrated.
- The environment you most enjoy reading in.
- The most disturbing book you’ve ever read.
- A book you once loved, but don’t anymore. What changed?
- A book you once hated, but now like. What changed?
- Your favorite series.
- The nerdiest book you’ve ever read.
- Your favorite type of non-fiction book.
- Your favorite genre.
- The first book you can remember reading on your own.
- An author you wish was more well-known.
- The book you’re reading right now.
I know it’s a classic. I know it is full of beautiful language, and metaphors, and struggle and whatnot, but: hundreds and hundreds of pages. About fishing. Just…no.
Disagree? By all means, let me hear it!