Lines I Love
Favorite quotes from my favorite books.
- “A rogue does not laugh in the same way that an honest man does; a hypocrite does not shed the tears of a man of good faith. All falsehood is a mask; and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always succeed in distinguishing it from the true face.”
- “Love is the most selfish of all the passions.”
- “I do not cling to life sufficiently to fear death.”
- “Everyone knows that drunkards and lovers have a protecting diety.”
- “Don’t be afraid of opportunities, and seek out adventures.”
- “Time, dear friend, time brings round opportunity; opportunity is the martingale of man. The more we have ventured, the more we gain, when we know how to wait.”